Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Start my GSoC

It may be my last year in campus, and I am very glad that my GSoC proposal have been accpeted.
Xue Yong Zhi (XRuby organizer) and Ola Bini (RbYAML organizer) will act as my mentors.
That's really a good great chance for me to chisel in ruby community.
My application is to improve RbYAML which is a processor implement by pure ruby. Implementing by ruby means it could be used by most of the alternative ruby implementations directly.
Currently, I think the most import work is make RbYAML compatible. The further plan is getting a higher performance.

RbYAML is in Google Code now. (http://code.google.com/p/rbyaml/)
The original cvs history from rubyforge has stored as text into new code repository by Ola.

Wisshen to have a great experience this summer.

No comments: